Here's an Example Query that Was Heavily Impacted When

You can discuss for Sogou search engine forum
arijitkumar

Here's an Example Query that Was Heavily Impacted When

Post by arijitkumar »

Intent changes occurred during the december product ratings update (and caused high volatility for the site jumping into the top 10):change of intent in december (2021) product advisories update here is an example of a site impacted by the december 2020 general update and there was a change in intent for some queries (where google started showing different types of content in the top ten). The site fell to the bottom of the first page, or even the second page, for the query. Image Masking Service Change in intent causing a site to drop in rankings during the december 2020 general update. And here's an example request where a big change in intent rocked a site ( outside of a general kernel update ).

this caused big problems for site traffic, but eventually google reversed some of that. They're in much better shape now, but that initial shift in intent was substantial for the site. Changed intent outside of a large base update. Overall site quality issues : beyond relevance adjustments and change of intent, overall site quality issues can be a big reason why sites drop heavily during general core updates. I've covered this many times in my articles on general kernel updates, so i won't go into too much detail in this article. Image Masking Service You can simply read these other articles to learn more about the various quality issues that can cause serious problems for a site when rolling out extended base updates.

That said, i'll cover several key points below. But first, here are two examples of drops for sites impacted by large core updates (and both sites had serious overall quality issues). Image Masking Service The former was heavily impacted by the may 2020 general update and the latter was heavily impacted by the june 2021 general update. As you can see below, when major quality issues creep in a site, this can lead to a sharp drop in ranking when rolling out core updates. Site owners obviously want to avoid this at all costs…site abandoned due to major site quality issues during a general kernel update. Site down sharply during the june 2021