This Can Tell You a Lot About Why This Fall Happened. That's Why

You can discuss for Sogou search engine forum
arijitkumar

This Can Tell You a Lot About Why This Fall Happened. That's Why

Post by arijitkumar »

This can tell you a lot about why this fall happened. That's why I recommend running what I call a Delta report, which shows you the drop in requests and landing pages when you compare the time after the general kernel update to a time before. Photo Restoration Service You can read my blog post to learn how to automate running a delta report (as well as filtering that data) through the Search Console API and Analytics Edge. Once you've delved into the data, you may encounter several different scenarios.

I'll cover each of those below, starting with relevance adjustments. Here are sample screenshots of running a Delta report in Excel using Analytics Edge: Google Delta Reports Google Delta report results Relevance adjustments and general updates: So what is a relevance adjustment? If you check queries that were dropped based on a general update and you notice queries where your site really shouldn't have ranked, it may be due to a relevance adjustment pushed by Google. Photo Restoration Service In other words, some content that Google once thought was relevant to the query is no longer. This can happen in a number of ways, and I'll cover two different types of relevance adjustments below.

The “You are on borrowed time” scenario: First, Google may push an adjustment and a site may no longer rank for content for whichhe didn't have a good ranking in the first place. Photo Restoration Service Maybe it's just content that can no longer meet user expectations based on the query, or maybe it's not even on topic at all. The content may be of good quality, but it just doesn't help the users based on the query. And yes, it can happen…. Google can be wrong and figure it out over time. Then a relevance adjustment is pushed, and boom, pages drop heavily in search results for those queries.